Welcome to Island Lake of Novi
Welcome to the Island Lake of Novi Community website. Our goal is to keep the community informed on upcoming events such as meetings, annual parties or special events. For special events specific to your sub association, check out your association's page under "Associations". If you would like something special posted, please contact the Boathouse office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter weather in the forecast
Do your part by keeping vehicles off streets, not plowing snow back into road
The snow is back and the Novi Department of Public Services Snow Team is ready for it.
Here are some tips on how you can help make this winter's operations smoother:
- If a snow emergency is declared, vehicles must be moved off streets so plow trucks can safely remove snow and ice.
- Always stay a safe distance of at least 50 feet behind DPS trucks.
- It is your responsibility to clear the sidewalk abutting your property
- When your street gets plowed, snow from the plow's blade gets deposited along the edge of the street - including at the entrance to your driveway. The City does not plow driveway approaches, but check out tip on how to avoid the "Second Shovel."
- Please report potholes to DPS and they will be filled as soon as practical
- Remove items from the public right-of-way. The City is NOT responsible for damage to items left in a street's right-of-way.
- Please make sure your kids DO NOT play on a street's snow banks and that they stay a safe distance away from plows.
If you have any questions about snow removal, please call the DPS at 248.735.5640. Normal office hours are 7:30am-4pm. For more information, visit cityofnovi.org.
Shoreline Restoration - Drakes Bay Dr.
Crews have completed the removal of the tall willows along Drakes Bay Dr. The area begins at Reeds Pointe and moves west until the first house on Drakes Bay.
The Master Association is working with Creating Sustainable Landscapes, LLC and the DEQ to restore the shoreline. This is a multi-year project to return it to it's natural state. Going forward it will have ongoing maintenance.
Please contact the Boathouse if you have any questions regarding this project.
"Good to Know"
Our Friends in the Woods
We have animals that roam freely in our woods. Deer, squirrels, rabbits and even coyotes. Although coyotes are not a threat to people, just be aware they are out there if you do have small pets. Never approach a wild animal for your own safety.
Trash and Yard Waste Pick-up
Thursday is pick up day for garbage and recycling. With the exception of Reserves and Preserves which is Tuesday. Yard waste is typically the first full week of April through the end of November. Please cover your waste containers and secure your recycling so on the windy days it doesn't blow into your neighbor's yard. Holidays will push pickup out one day.
Interested in renting the Boathouse?
Information and Calendars for the Boathouse can be found under
the "Island Activities" tab
Check out the Classified Ad Section
Interested in listing something? Please contact the Boathouse office
*** Babysitter Corner ***
Need a babysitter? Our list can be found under "Associations/Master Community". If you are interested on being on the list, please email the boathouse office, email@example.com
Help Needed also found under "Associations/Master Community"
Walking the Dog?
Please remember when walking your dog(s), the trails may be used but not the shoreline trails.
Pets should always be on a leash.
Please pick up after your pet and don't leave the bag behind.
We have also installed doggy depots in some areas of the neighborhood.